Main Index
 Q & A Index

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS FORUM                  

Question - Where can I obtain designs of automatic watering systems for pot plants.

I attend Budehaven Community School, and will betaking my GCSE in Electronics next year. As part of my coursework I have to design a product so I chose an automatic plant watering system designed for pot plants.
I have written to you to request a design of a circuit used to control the watering system. All it needs to be is a schematic diagram.
I would appreciate any designs or drawings you could provide, the more the better really.
O. Lavender

I remember reading a book a few years ago called Electronic Projects for the Garden. I don't think it had a specific design for watering pot plants but the book had many circuit diagrams for garden projects which may be of help.
Practical Electronics showed a project for making a water monitor device in their issue.
B V Wood
Contribute an Answer

Question - Where can I obtain a pump for my automatic plant watering system?
Thankyou for answering my question. The book you said about it, has a great design of a circuit in it, it was exactly what I needed. I have another question. I need to know where I can get a low voltage pump suitable for it, it needs to be quite small, about the size of a tennis ball or something. thanks for the great help.
O. Lavender UK
I am doing a similar project for an engineering design class and am using a submersible pump I found at Lowe's Home Improvement Store. There are several available: 30gph and 60gph and so on. Mine is about the size of a tennis ball.
Amanda Swisher USA.
Try using a car windscreen washer pump or headlight washer pump. They operate on 12V DC and an amp or two.
Dave UK.
Contribute an Answer

Ask a Question

Return to Index